Hardware Reliability Test and Automation Engineer
1420 N. McDowell Blvd Petaluma, California 94954 | Contract
Position Title: Hardware Reliability Test and Automation Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Petaluma, California. We are currently seeking a Hardware Reliability Test and Automation Engineer. This role supports the test automation/hardware reliability verification effort and will contribute to the business goal of ensuring the most efficient, and reliable microinverter systems, by establishing the most effective test practices.
- Automating data collection and analysis to achieve optimal results
- Working with cross functional teams to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Applying reliability testing principles and practices towards completion of goals
- Developing detailed understanding of product design and implementation
- Applying product knowledge and reliability testing principles towards the development of test software for data collection and analysis in a very large reliability test environment
- Performing unit test of own code, conduct code review and support existing test software
- Facilitating the efficient collection of test data and report test outcomes by collecting, analyzing, interpreting, summarizing and displaying data
- BS/MS in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years recent experience in a senior role in the area of product verification or manufacturing test development
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) and Reliability testing preferred. HALT/HASS, Relex or Reliasoft knowledge is a plus (+)
- Experience with Python, C++/C# or other object-oriented programming language is required. Python is preferred. Test automation experience is a plus (+)
- Some experience with power supplies, inverters or solar power is strongly desired
- Background in Hardware Debugging and Hardware Quality Assurance Process
- Extreme attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of process improvement
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.