Hardware QA Tech
1275 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94103
Position Title: Hardware QA Tech
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Francisco, CA. We are creating spectacular user experiences at the intersection of science and art. Located in the heart of San Francisco, our world-class innovators are revolutionizing how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. Our eclectic mix of scientists, engineers, and enthusiasts work together in in a dynamic environment featuring top-tier laboratories and the cutting-edge equipment. We are looking for passionate individuals who are committed to bringing amazing experiences to smartphones, theatres and everything in between.
- Work closely with HW Engineering, SW Engineering and SW QA teams to develop and implement Product verification and validation tests.
- Work closely with the Product and UX teams to understand the user experience and hardware performance requirements.
- Support factory test bring-up where needed.
- Debug and test any manufacturing issues from factory.
- Plan and execute a broad range of hardware testing.
- BA/BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field with equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years experience in HW QA with consumer electronics and/or Audio/Video products.
- Familiarity with soldering, Level 01 or 02.
- Able to think critically to create test plans based on a few points of information.
- Experience testing batteries such as rundowns, reliability, and thermal.
- Experience refurbishing boards.
- Experience with board-level schematic and layout design.
- Proficient with standard EE lab test and measurement tools.
- Expertise with protocol of common interfaces such as SPI, I2C, USB, MIPI, DDRx, and Ethernet.
- Excellent knowledge of QA methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Ability to operate in a startup environment with shifting requirements.
- Decisive and effective at issue tracking and resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Experience in prototype development, functional verification, manufacturing test development
- Being an avid user of audio video equipment including televisions, AV receivers, internet streaming devices, cable boxes, universal remote controls and streaming audio is a plus.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.