HW Engineer III
11601 Willows Road NE, Suite 101, Redmond, Washington 98034 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Hardware Engineer III
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington for an experienced Hardware Engineer III.
- Translate product requirements into design
- Design, implement, modify, synthesize, verify and evaluate logic using VHDL
- system architecture for use in gate arrays (FPGAs) using VHDL.
- Write and follow both design and test documentation
- Provide reliable development estimates
- Test hardware functionality at both the unit and system level
- Resolve design defects and issues
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and 5-years of experience (or a combination of education, training, or experience which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of this position)
- Strong programming and design skills using VHDL or Verilog
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Considerable knowledge of high speed digital logic circuit design, including use of large gate arrays (FPGAs) and high performance memories
- Considerable knowledge of VHDL synthesis, simulation, test benching, TCL scripts
- Considerable experience using Xilinx and/or Altera FPGAs
- Considerable knowledge of analog circuit design
- Optical transceiver knowledge
- Skilled in use of lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experience with word processing and spreadsheet software sufficient to perform and report on the duties required of this level
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.