HDD Lab Technician
Building 88 Redmond, Washington 98052 | Contract
Position Title: HDD Lab Technician
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Setup and operation of test hardware and infrastructure, test execution, delivering accurate test results including parsing data and presentation of test data to their full time contact.
- Must be able to execute tests with little to no supervision and have an understanding of the data being collected.
- Secondary responsibilities for assembling and re-working PCB assemblies.
- Assembling various kinds of cables including digital, cable and power.
- Troubleshooting and fixing assembly problems like opens, shorts, cold-solder, etc.
- Purchasing and kitting parts for PCB assemblies.
- Generating documentation to support Bill of Materials (analog and digital testing and troubleshooting).
- Writing and verifying test procedures
- Understanding of the fundamentals of electronics
- Demonstrates strong hardware test skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required.
- Has a high attention to detail
- Experience with Hard Disk Drives
- The ability to disassemble and reassemble a console is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in the development of high-volume consumer electronic product is desired
- Excellent hand soldering skills and fine pitch surface mount rework ability.
- The ability to read and understand schematic diagrams and datasheets for electrical and mechanical specifications.
- The ability to assemble prototype electronics.
- Experience testing and debugging assemblies.
- Experience with lab test equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows based computers.
- Experience supporting HWSW engineers Excellent customer service skills.
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Trade School in Electronics Technician, or BS in EE or Computer Engineering
- worked on projects in storage and HDD related subsystems
- given a general description of what needs to get done and the person can work independently and figure out solutions
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.