Full Stack SW Developer
11911 North Creek Parkway South Bothell, Washington 98011 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Software Developer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Bothell, Washington.
- Design, develop and test program functionality for new and existing application or programmed solutions assigned by IT management.
- Builds user interface applications and back-end databases using various programming and scripting languages.
- Lead the development of functional specifications, which articulate clear and concise project deliverables consistent with the user expectations.
- Creates functional specifications for Internet and web-based projects.
- Assist in performing technical services necessary to support the continuous delivery of service including; applications use auditing, project tracking, database administration, data dictionary generation, development of software utilities, and application development procedures.
- Devising possible solutions to anticipate problems.
- Writing detailed documentation for the operations of program by operations group and development support.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Manager(s).
- Designs, implements and tests reliable, secure high quality software.
- Gather, review and provide feedback on high level requirements and technical specifications
- Provides technical estimates of time and effort required to finish projects.
- Develops a firm understanding of business operations to ensure designs are appropriate aligned and deliver maximum value
- Can writes unit tests and participates in functional testing
- Communicates effectively to keep teammates, other teams and management informed of progress and potential risks.
- Writes documentation to describe application design and functionality.
- Mentors entry level & intermediate developers.
- Participates, and from time to time leads, problem solving and troubleshooting of complex issues.
- Provides regular feedback to other developers through a peer code & security review process.
- Ensuring that all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with the client' s values.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as required by the Line Manager.
- Responsible for: Support and development of enterprise business system, custom applications and ERP systems
- Internal: Lead the development of functional specifications, which articulate clear and concise project deliverables consistent with the user expectations Close liaison with the other business systems team members within the client' s group and co-ordination and guidance with the Global IT Team. Interactions with all levels of personnel across the organization as required.
- External: Suppliers, Vendors
- 1-2 years of Full Stack Software Development experience
- Strong understanding of C# language fundamentals
- Proficiency with Object Oriented Design
- Preferably MS SQL Server and Stored Procedures OR Relational database experience,
- T-SQL, Database design and optimization techniques
- Preferred but not required - Bachelor’ s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, software engineering, or mathematics.
- Preferably programming experience in a Microsoft development environment utilizing .NET (ASP, VB, and C #), Visual Basic, C# and Visual Studio on the Web and Windows platforms.
- VSTS experience preferred
- Oracle Fusion experience preferred
- Experience developing software using agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Ability to troubleshoot and understand root cause
- Ability to develop requirements for applications based on user input and needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong service orientation. Must enjoy working with users.
- Excellent technical ability.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively interact and engage with all levels of personnel across the organisation.
- Highly self-motivated and directed self-starter with a hands-on, pragmatic approach and a flexible and willing attitude with the desire to continually improve and develop.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with an aptitude for detail.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team-distributed, collaborative environment.
- Competent and organised with the ability to manage and prioritise workload, multi-task and manage a diverse mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.