3655 North First Street San Jose, California 95134 | Contract
Position Title: Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Jose, CA.
- Invent and build new products in the areas of IoT (smart homes, smart buildings and smart cities)
- Embedded Linux BSP, Drivers and Application support for Artik Platform
- Work on integrating next generation IOT protocols, Zigbee, Thread.
- Develop tests to validate design, performance and reliability
- Evaluate, identify and evangelize new technologies to integrate into the Artik Platform.
- Develop and deploy software (low/high level) on real time operating systems for hardware-based products.
- MS in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science required
- Strong knowledge of Linux internals
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++, Java
- Hands on with scripting languages like Python, Shell scripting, Nodejs
- Hands-on experience with compilers, JTAG debuggers, emulators and board bring-up.
- Lab experience with scope, signal generators and logic analyzers
- Experience embedded software development with peripherals such as I2C, SPI, ADC, DAC, UART, and Flash & EEPROM’ s is highly desired.
- Working knowledge on communication protocols like MQTT, BLE, Zigbee, Thread, Iotivitiy
- Knowledge or pre-emptive multitasking environments and CPU configurations, boot loaders, debuggers, and memory management in an embedded space.
- Ability to bring up custom developed hardware under embedded Linux.
- Knowledge of ARM architectures is a plus
- Ability to write Linux drivers to integrate new sensors and peripherals is a plus
- Develop and create software build system test procedures, bug tracking reports, and associated test documentation.
- Rapidly evaluate new technology stacks to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to perform within a team environment as needed to meet team goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have skills:
- You consider yourself a “ maker” you love to get your hands dirty by both assembling and dissembling things to understand how they work;
- Experiences shipping IoT products (security products, connectivity etc.)
- Experience shipping products from a major consumer electronics company
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.