San Jose, California 95124 | Contract
Position Title: FPGA Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Sa Jose, California.
- Exercises solid analytical problem solving in troubleshooting component designs (e.g., timing analysis, constraint setting)
- Can run and implement designs (e.g., debugging, digital and analog design, circuit design, RTL signal flow, basic TCL coding, and timing tool basics)
- Mentors less experienced design engineers in implementation tasks to ensure compliance to specification, quality standards, and milestones
- Demonstrates knowledge of how circuit blocks are architected, developed, integrated, and verified through testing to achieve specification-compliant deliverables (e.g., CAD modeling, RTL coding, circuit architectures, building circuit specifications, verification testing)
- Runs design models through EDA tools to anticipate and address implementation challenges prior to fabrication (i.e., pipe clean tools)
- Supports Test Engineering in the setting up of valid test verification criteria and plans at the block level
- Troubleshoots component blocks to Isolate and debug issues as required to ensure milestone achievement and production-ready integration (e.g., power efficiency, area efficiency)
- Manages regression suites for products, and contributes to the tool flow
- Acts on verification test data to ensure seamless component integration, device manufacturability, and sign-off acceptability if applicable (e.g., customer sample feedback, iterative tape-out production turns involving 3rd parties)
- When required, creates environment and infrastructure to test designs in a HW verification environment, and running test scenarios
- Candidate should have worked with Vivado tools to build FPGA design
- 3-5 years of industry experience
- Scripting with Perl and Python are required
- Experience with complete implementation from RTL to bitstream in Vivado tools
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.