Redmond, Washington 98052 | Contract To Hire
Position Title: FPGA Designer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract to hire opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced FPGA Designer.
- Write, simulate, and verify Verilog/SystemVerilog based FPGA designs.
- Support software development with Linux-on-ARM programmable SoC-based architectures. Experience with Xilinx Virtex-II/4 (PowerPC) or Zynq/Altera Cyclone V/Arria V (ARM Cortex A9) is desirable.
- Implementation of signal processing blocks targeted for FPGA/ASIC applications using Verilog/SystemVerilog including narrowband filters, fixed point/floating point computation, carrier synchronization.
- BSEE, BSCompE, BSCS, or similar is required.
- Experience with Xilinx ISE/Vivado and/or Altera Quartus II development environment tools and design flow is required.
- Experience with FPGA verification using Mentor Graphics ModelSim. Verification frameworks like UVM/OVM are a bonus.
- Experience defining technical requirements and recommending alternate approaches to various technical problems and design processes.
- 4+ years’ experience with FPGA and/or ASIC development is desired.
- Experience with using Matlab and/or Simulink for FPGA algorithm modeling is desirable.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.