Embedded HW Test Engineer
Bellevue, Washington # | Direct Hire
Position Title: Embedded HW Test Engineer
Position Description: Our Eastside client is looking to hire a fulltime Embedded HW Test Engineer with solid experience and knowledge in HW, inclulding reading schematics, debugging skills, and C, C# and/or LabView. A degree is preferred.
- Work with design team to plan and perform testing of new products to ensure compliance with product specification.
- Be responsible for test and verification of a redesigned product from design stage to product release, guiding it through the entire test process and ensuring creation and timely delivery of all test plan and reports for that product.
- Develop fixtures, systems and software to automate testing of all routine test processes.
- Create or update test procedures and test reports that are clear in purpose, reusable and allow the tests results to be replicated.
- Candidate should have experience testing hardware and software as well as creating the tools and environments to automate the testing. Willingness and ability to carefully document test plans and results is very important as well.
- This position requires a BS in CS, EE or Physics, or equivalent and 2-5 years test or validation experience.
- Test equipment knowledge (Oscilloscopes, Multimeters, power supplies, etc.)
- C, C# and/or LabView
- Embedded system testing
- Ability to write technical reports and briefs
- A “ self starter” with good time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with other engineers and departments
- Good debug and troubleshooting skills
- Able to assimilate quickly into a small team and make immediate contributions.
- Experience in the following areas is desired.
- Lab View
- MS Visual Studio
- Other experience that would be helpful
- Industrial instrumentation - Analog I/O modules, Temp. Sensors, Counters, and Flow Meters
- Industrial control equipment - Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Ladder
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.