Electronics Manufacturing Engineer
Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Electronics Manufacturing Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Electronics Manufacturing Engineer:
- Ability to coordinate actions across engineering, technicians and on/off-site production personnel across multiple time zones.
- Ability to conduct multidisciplinary rapid problem-solving activities and propose solutions to prototype and production manufacturing challenges.
- Ability to quickly come-up-to speed on new technologies and engineering challenges.
- Ability to provide a strong sense of ownership to all assigned areas of responsibility and proven track record in driving continuous improvement in those areas.
- Communication abilities including verbal and written communication, the willingness to discuss questions or uncertainties in job assignments and to be able to positively interact with co-workers.
- Extensive experience interfacing with various suppliers and services including printed wiring board, electronic assembly and cable harness assembly.
- B.S. from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Physical Electronics or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in surface mount (SMT) process development and PCB manufacturing experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience writing work instructions, process travelers and working with assembly personnel in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in transitioning on-site prototype manufacturing and small volumes to off-site contract manufacturing and production volumes
- Broad knowledge in Surface Mount Technology (SMT) techniques, processes and procedures.
- Experience in schematics and circuit design for use in providing feedback during the design process and in performing debug/root-cause-analysis (RCA) activities in sustaining engineering settings.
- Proven ability in using EE troubleshooting equipment (voltmeter, oscilloscope, signal generators) and PCBA rework equipment.
- Previous experience in developing functional verification test equipment in support of production PCB testing.
- Experience in scripting (python, C++, .NET) highly desired.
- Competent in printed circuit board design software such as Altium or Mentor.
- Lean six sigma and statistical analysis package (e.g. Minitab or JMP) competency highly desired.
- Ability to communicate information using standard Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, Office, Power Point, Project and Visio.
- Ability to use company-wide tools and systems to execute the key duties and responsibilities of the job.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.