Electrical Engineer - Power
Building 88 88/3909 Redmond, Washington 98052 | Contract
Position Title: Electrical Engineer - Power
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Understand system and silicon power management, including clock dividers and voltage changes.
- Must possess a keen interest in power management and be motivated to drive power-performance optimization efforts to improve battery life on products.
- Work closely with many cross-functional teams to prototype and explore novel power management schemes.
- Strong understanding of power architectures, a good sense for system-level analysis, and strong debug/triage skills.
- BS, MS or PhD in EE required and/or 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic products is a must.
- Strong technical knowledge of Power Electronics and Systems including AC-DC & DC-DC converters a plus.
- Design experience emphasizing DC/DC converters & efficiencies.
- Discrete design experience with Buck, Boost, Buck-Boost, and Charge Pumps (positive and negative voltages).
- Discrete OP-AMP design & stability analysis.
- Experience with Allegro, Cadence, and Mentor Graphics preferred.
- Experience with HSpice/Pspice, Matlab.
- Experience with high density low form factor pcb design.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.