Electrical Engineer - Audio 1
Building 88 88/3479 Redmond, WA 98052 | Contract
Position Title: Electrical Engineer - Audio 1
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Responsible for designing audio sub-systems, selecting audio CODECs and transducers.
- Work with software/product design engineers to optimize audio performance.
- Responsible for achieving clean high integrity signal, with expert microphone placement.
- Responsible for creating compression audio CODEC algorithm.
- Must display a strong knowledge of speaker design, power efficient, and achieve high integrity sound quality within small enclosures.
- BS, MS or PHd in EE required and/or 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic products is a must.
- Must have acute listening skill for diagnosing problems (electrical and mechanical) in product sound quality.
- Digital signal processing, including filtering, echo canceller, noise suppressor and dynamics processing and how to optimize the performance of these algorithms in consumer electronic devices.
- Must have experience using audio measurement tools.
- Must have experience using acoustic measurement instruments for telephony.
- Must have knowledge and experience with psychoacoustic analysis of audio quality and loudness.
- Should have basic knowledge of Windows audio architecture and system requirements.
- Must have experience conducting audio signal analysis in MATLAB or similar software.
- Ability to communicate findings and ideas to other teams.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.