Electrical Design Engineer
1 Microsoft Way Redmond, Washington 98052 | Contract
Position Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Position Description: Our Redmond client is looking for an Electrical Design Engineer for a long-term contract.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Track record in development and launch of high quality, high volume products.
- High speed PCB design experience, including floorplanning, stackup generation, partitioning.
- Solid understanding of high speed interfaces such as PCIe, LPDDR3, USB3.0, MIPI CSI-2 etc.
- Familiarity with Cadence Orcad and Allegro, 16.6.
- Prototype and debug skills.
- Experience using high speed bench analysis tools and equipment.
- Collaborate with cross teams such as mechanical, CAD, SI and DFx team.
- Understanding simulation process flow, tools and models.
- Work with vendors to create s-parameter models for interconnect systems.
- Provide guidance to SI team to complete simulations and review results.
- Experience creating a connector pinout that is optimized for routing, minimize EMC risk, GND return/impedance paths.
- Generate and manage risk buy BOMs.
- Derating and FMEA analysis.
- Data analysis experience.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.