35 Stillman Street San Francisco, California 94107 | Contract To Hire
Position Title: DevOps Engineer
Position Description: Our client has an exciting contract to hire opportunity for a DevOps Engineer at the Downtown San Francisco, CA office. Remote work is also an option.
- Ensure uptime, data-availability, and performance of infrastructure
- Debug the critical problems in the production environment with minimal turnaround time
- Be comfortable navigating the full stack for visibility into how the platform works end to end
- Automate resource provisioning and configuration using tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Build infrastructure and application level monitoring as well as alerting for the platform
- Automate and manage deployment to large-scale clusters using tools such as EMR, Kubernetes, and Beanstalk
- Supplement existing open source tooling with custom code when necessary
- Evaluate technical choices and provide critical input to the architecture of the platform
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or relevant technical field
- Prior experience (intern or full-time) in operation role
- Knowledge of Linux-based operating systems
- Proficiency in at least one programming language
- Knowledge of standard configuration management
- Experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog, New Relic, LogicMonitor and AppDynamics
- Experience with cloud service platforms such as AWS, OpenStack, Azure and Google Cloud
- Knowledge of database architecture, high availability, failover and performance tuning
- Experience with secured network design and implementation
- Experience with CI, big data or container tools such as CircleCI, Jenkins, Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra, HBase, Kubernetes and Mesos.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.