Design Verification Engineer
Building 88 Redmond, Washington 98052 | Contract
Position Title: Design Verification Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington. Our client is seeking a Design Verification Engineer to join their team.
- Candidate will be responsible for the verification and qualification of software, firmware, and related hardware.
- You will develop comprehensive software and firmware verification strategies and plans that bridge high-level use cases to product architecture/design.
- You will create Scenario Focused solutions to effectively and systematically reveal or screen out code and system defects.
- You will write and review test automation.
- You will provide critical analysis of test data and drive the right solutions, design changes, and trade-offs in the context of business priorities.
- On a frequent basis, you will create and introduce innovative test techniques and methods to ensure robust product qualification.
- You will also lead test strategy discussions, develop test methodologies and plans, execute test procedures.
- The position involves working closely with partners, electrical engineers, hardware engineers, software engineers, design verification engineers, and program managers.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- > 5 years of experience designing and testing computer firmware and software at component and system levels
- > 5 years of experience in C/C++/C#, Python Experience with driver development and testing
- Experience with Audio codecs and audio drivers
- Experience with Windows audio architecture
- Experience with one or more of the following, kernel debugging, device drivers, USB, DP, HDMI, Graphics, I2S, HDA or i2c, Soundwire, BT.
- Experience in prototype system software bring-up, debug, fault detection, and failure analysis
- Ability to write test documentation including test plans, procedures, and reports
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms.
- Must be able to plan work, and work to a plan adapting as necessary in a rapidly evolving environment.
- The ability to comprehend and assimilate technical concepts across multiple disciplines.
- Collaborative, enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.