1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Data Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, California for an experienced Data Engineer.
- Apply proven expertise and build high-performance, scalable data warehouse application
- Securely source external data from numerous global partners
- Intelligently design data models for optimal storage and retrieval
- Deploy inclusive data quality checks to ensure high quality of data
- Optimize existing pipelines and implement new ones, maintenance of all domain-related data pipelines
- Ownership of the end-to-end data engineering component of the solution
- Collaboration with the program' s SMEs, data scientists
- Data Engineer will rotate on an On-Call shift as needed to support the team.
- 5+ years' experience in data engineering, proven expertise of applying
- 5+ DWH/ETL best practices
- Proficiency in LAMP and the Big Data stack environments (Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive)
- Competence with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- Experience working with enterprise DE tools, ability to learn in-house DE tools quickly
- Coding and scripting experience with Python, Java, PHP, SQL, CLI
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.