Data Center Facilities Integration Engineer
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Data Center Facilities Integration Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, California for an experienced Data Center Facilities Integration Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for integrating data center facilities infrastructure at data center construction locations throughout the assigned region. Typical tasks will include frequent interaction with construction management, design, network, cabling and contractor teams. The candidate will be responsible for entering as-built data for all facility monitoring & controls devices (PLC, HMI, BMS Controller, Circuit Breaker, Air Handler, etc.) into in-house applications, including parent-child device relationship, IP address assignment, network switch port assignment, device type and make/model. 25-50% domestic and international travel will be required.
- Providing facilities operations support, including sustaining operations, maintenance, anomaly resolution, move/add/change and various life cycle special projects, such as new product evaluations, retrofits, refurbishments and application roadmaps
- Accuracy of facilities as-builts from design & move/add/change during build, through to commissioning and production handover
- Responsible for delivering introductory and supplementary training to facilities operations personnel, primarily within the assigned region and possibly in other regions
- Represents controls and monitoring infrastructure needs from design through construction and follow-on operations
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple organizations
- 5+ years experience in large scale data center infrastructure deployment
- 5+ including design, build, commission
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and life safety monitoring and control systems typically used in critical environments
- Capable of reading engineering drawings including electrical, mechanical, architectural and cabling
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations, utilize troubleshooting skills and perform under pressure
- Exceptional personal communication skills, especially in dynamic, challenging environments across multiple cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge of commonly used network standards and protocols including IPv4/IPv6, IP subnet and address, Ethernet, TCP/IP, Modbus/TCP, BACnet/IP, SNMP, RS485
- Working knowledge of Layer 2/3 switched networks
- Working knowledge of DCIM
- Working knowledge of structured cabling systems, including single mode & multimode fiber and Cat6 copper
- Working knowledge of SQL queries and Python or other scripting language is a plus
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or relevant work experience
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.