Controls Software Engineer
27200 SW Parkway Ave Wilsonville, Oregon 97070 | Contract
Position Title: Controls Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Wilsonville, Oregon.
- Working in G-code/M-code
- Taking cnc type controls but writing software that will move sensors and lasers around an object to capture dimensional data.
- The candidates should have experience writing or modifying post processing cad/cam code.
- Will be responsible for assisting in the development of software for custom automation and robotic systems. These systems include features such as:
- Real time PC control architecture
- Senor and Laser systems
- CNC programming languages (G-Code/M-Code)
- Post Processing
- GD&T and/or Kinematic equations
- Schematic reading experience a plus.
- Able to integrate into an existing software engineering team environment.
- Able to use existing standards, procedures, and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines in a multi-tasking environment.
- Sense of urgency to meet project schedules
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exposure to PC-based machine controls.
- Use Microsoft software – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.