Contractor (Manager-level) Consumer Insights & Customer Experience
1275 Market Street San Francisco, California 94103 | Contract
Position Title: Contractor (Manager-level) Consumer Insights & Customer Experience
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Francisco, CA. As a company that is transitioning from a product ingredient company to an experiences company, the Consumer Insights & Customer Experience Team at our client is at the forefront of key initiatives to get closer to consumers and current customers. These initiatives require a data-driven and strategic-minded team member to help develop and execute state-of-the art research initiatives. We are looking for someone who is customer-obsessed and passionate about understanding motivations for brand and category engagement. You are an out-of-the-box thinker, with a high level of curiosity and drive to uncover meaningful insights. This role is a critical part of evolving how we think about and market to our customers, translating consumer learning into actionable strategic guidance that will drive revenue growth.
In this role, you will help build a world-class Insights, Research and Experience function. You will partner with integrated marketing teams and business groups across Geos to develop new ways to illuminate meaningful insights, and provide a deep understanding of consumers/customers globally.
The remit for this role will have you partnering across our Digital Marketing & Consumer Experience Team and the broader marketing teams to understand desired goals and build a transparent model for engagement. Ideally, you have most recently been a strong contributor to a team that is on the cutting edge of work in the Insights field.
- Function as an insights and consumer strategy go-to resource on the consumer/customer for the Dolby master brand, and select initiative brands
- Use research as a front-end for consumer strategy to go beyond basic findings and develop ‘ metrics and insights that matter’
- Conduct in-house qualitative and quantitative projects, analyses & reporting when not engaging with partners
- Craft stories from data and insights that present learnings in a visual format with a compelling message
- Work in close partnership with our sister teams (Digital Content, Communities & Media; Digital Experience & Interactive; Marketing Technologies; App Marketing)
- Lead key master brand and initiative brand projects including brand tracking, social listening, customer journey-mapping and consumer/customer segmentation
- Manage day-to-day relationships with research/innovation/strategy agencies globally, and help audit these relationships to ensure that we are using the best possible partners
- Build plans cross functionally working with marketing, brand strategy, design, business group, and digital teams to drive effective outcomes
- 7-10 years of overall insights and customer experience work agency and/or client-side in consumer products or consumer technology
- A good balance of qual and quant expertise with an understanding of the nuances that go along with both approaches
- Strong Excel or similar tool (e.g., SAS, SPSS) proficiency with a specific hands-on focus on quantitative research datasets
- A proven understanding of a wide range of research methodologies and associated best practices
- Deep knowledge and expertise writing and programming screeners, surveys (e.g., Qualtrics) and discussion guides
- Experience managing and leading research/insights initiatives including partner agency engagement from project start to finish
- Experience conducting research projects in global markets and managing teams remotely
- Strong presentation skills, with comfort telling our story to anyone from junior to C-Suite levels
- A quick learner with strong business acumen who commands influence across marketing and willingly challenges current assumptions
- A track-record of translating data into compelling stories for stakeholders with differing levels of experience
- A track record of partnership and collaboration, providing strategic guidance to stakeholders and client groups
- Strong communicator with the ability to drive and influence strategic buy-in from stakeholders
- Comfortable working within a test & learn culture that’ s known for speed, agility
- Bachelor’ s or Master’ s degree in marketing, business or the Social Sciences
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across a matrixed organization
- Experience with using insights to inform brand strategy
- Experience with social listening tools (e.g., Netbase) globally
- Experience running and managing customer loyalty panels (e.g., Fuel Cycle)
- 1-2 yrs. hands-on experience working with data/analytics dashboards (e.g., Tableau, Beckon)
- A data-driven mind who can foster rigor and discipline in all that we do, to convey expertise and credibility in our work
- Direct experience with insights in the entertainment or retail verticals
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.