Computer Support Technician 2
4300 Roosevelt Way NE Seattle, Washington 98105 | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Computer Support Technician 2
Our Seattle client seeks an experienced Computer Support Technician 2 to serve as a team player within IT for a contract role with potential to convert to FTE.
Our clients environment currently includes 500+ devices and 50+ servers with heavy concurrent use. The primary role of this position is help desk technician. This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of functions. The successful applicant must possess technical skills and be able to work patiently and productively; spanning a large range of computing expertise.
- Work in a team role supporting their computing environment, including networked devices such as copiers, and endpoints (desktop/laptop)
- Act as a primary helpdesk contact to investigate problems, answer technical questions related to hardware and software, and document/escalate issues as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware and network issues.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other members of IT as well as IT staff.
- Utilize system monitoring and “ ticket” tracking systems to monitor tasks and issues.
- Installing/upgrading/configuring various hardware and software including operating systems, applications, security software/devices, and other networked devices.
- Supporting setup and use of video projectors, laptops, and videoconference systems. Troubleshoot issues in active class/meeting environments.
- Help develop/maintain documentation, lead group training sessions, and instruct individual users ad hoc on technology, systems, and software in use.
- Repair computer equipment including utilization of vendor specific warranty repair procedures.
- Minimum 1 year helpdesk/technical support experience in a large Windows AD based environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to problem solve, take initiative, set priorities and handle multiple projects efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines while representing the mission, visions and values of the organization.
- Ability to work creatively within given resources to provide the best possible environment for students, staff and faculty
- Excellent skills in technical documentation, personal communication/interaction, and customer service/liaison.
- Ability to learn new technologies and applications on the job.
- Must be able to respond to both planned and unplanned issues, needs and activities outside of normal business hours.
Desired- Nice to Have
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Experience supporting a mixed OS environment including OS X and Linux
- Experience working in academic IT positions.
- Experience supporting cloud based solutions such as Google Apps/Drive, Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.