Computer Support Technician 1
4300 Roosevelt Way NE Seattle, Washington 98105 | Contract
Job Title: Computer Support Technician 1
Job Description: Our Seattle client is looking for a temporary Computer Support Technician for a 2 month contract with potential extensions.
The Computer Support Tech 1 assists in supporting computer applications, provides professional client service, and helps maintain a friendly environment that is conducive to advancing education. They assist in resolving technical problems relating to workstations and the use of networked systems. Typical work includes assisting users with log-on errors, printer malfunctions, setup of computers and peripherals, and escalation of more complex problems. Working with other Support Desk staff they support our staff and faculty, and support the ongoing mission and strategic plan.
- Work with the Service Desk Lead and Service Desk Specialists in providing high quality customer service.
- Interact with staff on the phone, by email, and in person to provide information and resolve technical problems.
- Create, manage and resolve technical issues in a Helpdesk Ticket Tracking System.
- Learn, deploy, and operate software common to Microsoft Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Provide technical assistance and training to Staff, one on one.
- Following documented procedures and instructions from Support Specialists, configure, deploy, and support cell phones, tablets, laptops, and other mobile devices.
- One year of experience involving the use of computerized information systems or equivalent education/experience.
- Working knowledge of Modern Windows and Macintosh operating systems and common desktop applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Can work with a wide range of individuals and personalities.
- Good professional written and oral communications skills.
- Willing to learn new software packages and technologies.
- Technical support experience in the Higher Education or Medical industry.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.