Computer Support Technician 1
4300 Roosevelt Way NE Seattle, Washington 98105 | Contract
Position Title: Computer Support Technician 1
Our Seattle client is currently seeking an available, qualified contractor for the position of Computer Support Technician 1 for 20 hrs. a week.
Under general direction our clients Service Desk Lead, you will support the operation of their Helpdesk, which is an integral part of a complex networked computing environment designed to meet the client' s current and emerging IT needs. The Helpdesk is the main interface for staff, and other affiliates who are seeking technical assistance. This position represents the Helpdesk in a professional manner and is an example of the best practices of the department.
As a Helpdesk contractor you will assists in supporting computer applications, provides professional client service, and helps maintain a friendly environment that is conducive to advancing education. They assist in resolving technical problems relating to workstations and the use of networked systems. Typical work includes assisting users with log-on errors, printer malfunctions, setup of computers and peripherals, and escalation of more complex problems. Working with other Support Desk staff they support our staff and support the ongoing mission and strategic plan of the client.
This position is supervised by the Service Desk Lead, who reports to the Assistant Director of Information Technologies. Work assignments are directed by the Service Desk Lead to meet the needs of the Service Desk Team.
- Work with the Service Desk Lead and Service Desk Specialists in providing high quality customer service.
- Interact with faculty, staff, and students on the phone, by email, and in person to provide information and resolve technical problems.
- Assist faculty’ s use of classroom instructional technologies.
- Create, manage and resolve technical issues in a Helpdesk Ticket Tracking System.
- Learn, deploy, and operate software common to Microsoft Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Provide technical assistance and training to UW SoN Faculty, Staff, and Students one on one.
- Following documented procedures and instructions from Support Specialists, configure, deploy, and support cell phones, tablets, laptops, and other mobile devices.
- One year of experience involving the use of computerized information systems or equivalent education/experience.
- Working knowledge of Modern Windows and Macintosh operating systems and common desktop applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Can work with a wide range of individuals and personalities.
- Good professional written and oral communications skills.
- Willing to learn new software packages and technologies.
Desired - Nice to Have
- Technical support experience in the Higher Education or Medical industry.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.