8226 Bracken Place SE Suite 100 Snoqualmie, WA 98065
Position Title: CNC Machinist
Position Description: Our client east of Seattle is looking to add a CNC Machinist for and exciting contract to hire opportunity. Candidates from novice to advance level experience will all be considered.
Machinists will perform a variety of machining operations such as milling, drilling, lathes, etc., on existing parts ranging from simple to complex in nature, working to very close tolerances.
- Performs setup and operation of a variety of prototypes, experimental, and existing products using conventional or CNC machines and tools. Setups range (depending on experience) from simple, to moderately complex, to extremely complex.
- Performs quality checks on work to ensure dimensions are within prescribed tolerances using a variety of measuring devises and tools.
- Determines or assists in determining the sequence of operations, methods of setup, and machine tool programming.
- Interprets blueprints and engineering specifications.
- Determines or assists in determining machining, materials, or parts required to complete the job.
- Report discrepancies to lead and/or supervisor and make constructive suggestions that may improve production efficiency and profitability.
- Machines fixtures and tooling, as required.
- Depending on years of experience, may serve as a technical expert by troubleshooting technical problems.
Possible Job Responsibilities:
- May assist with manufacturing design of projects.
- May assist with weekly cycle counts.
- May assist in training and mentoring other machinists, as directed.
- May perform general assembly functions, as needed.
- May serve as back-up Machine Shop Lead, if required.
- Follows all company safety policies and Quality Assurance requirements.
- Ability to work over-time, as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to accurately read and interpret blueprints and engineering specifications
- Ability to read and comprehend manuals, work instructions, and SDS sheets common to a machining/production environment.
- Possesses and maintains an understanding of the working qualities of various materials (experience with plastics and various metals highly preferred).
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and establish routines.
- Effective communication skills with coworkers and management.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills.
- Responds to change productively and handle other duties as required.
Education Minimum Requirements/Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Formal machining education (highly desired)
- Prefer some vocational schooling (within the trade) and/or lathe operator experience
- Varies; 1-10+ years machinist or equivalent trade experience
- Programming experience (CAM) highly preferred for advanced level candidates
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.