Build Release Engineer
2000 Crow Canyon Place, Suite 150 San Ramon, California 94583 | Contract
Position Title: Build Release Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Ramon, CA.
- Build Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Deployment software tools that will support, enhance and grow our CI and CD capabilities
- Build Scripts: Utilize standard scripting tools to define the builds.
- Create Reusable Artifacts: Reusable code base needs to be organized into libraries with
- versions and consumed from repositories during the build process.
- Create Deployment Scripts: Configurable deployments need to be automated using the
- deployment scripts.
- Develop Automated Tests: Unit tests & functional test needs to be automated using the test suites.
- Develop Continuous integration: Aim for continuous integration builds and alert the developers when the build breaks with build report.
- Ability to automate Release Notes generation by integrating CI tool framework with Bug tracking system.
- Maintain Separation of Environments: Create and maintain multiple non-polluting application environments with a clear separation (Dev, QA, UAT, Stage etc.,).
- Develop Build Promotion and Demotion: Develop and execute the promotion process (Dev-> QA-> UAT->… etc.) and a process to remove builds that fail from the
- BS and 5 years’ professional experience in DevOps or build/release; OR Master’ s degree with 3 years of experience in DevOps or build/release
- Significant experience with Linux/ Unix Operating systems and one or more scripting languages (e.g. bash, perl, python)
- Significant experience working with Jenkins (including plugins) or other build automation tools such as Teamcity, AnthillPro, Ubuild/Udeploy or Bamboo.
- Experience with bug tracking tools such as JIRA, Version One, Pivotal Tracker or any other similar tool.
- Significant experience with one or more of the following: GIT, GitHub, SVN or Perforce
- Significant experience in automation and scripting using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SALT, Jenkins, Bash, CFEngine, etc. on Linux/*nix
- Experience with one or more of the following: Artifactory, Nexus, or another artifact storage tool.
- Experience with Build tools such as Maven, Gradle, Ant and/or other build tools
- Experience with Embedded Ruby, Groovy or similar tools to develop and automate custom Modules.
- Applied experience with modern application technologies and design patterns including Cloud infrastructure, distributed computing, horizontal scaling, and database technologies.
- Experience with Databases like MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, RDS, Redshift etc.
- Experience Deploying code on Cloud based Infrastructure like Private cloud (OpenStack, Bare Metal systems or VM based environments) or Public Cloud (Rackspace or AWS EC2 Instances or Google Cloud) or across Hybrid Cloud Environments.
- Proven success working with and optimizing applications for large scale enterprise performance
- Embraces technology trends that drive intelligent automation
- Experience using containers like Docker based CI/CD approach.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.