Associate Software Test Engineer
20031 142nd Ave. NE P.O. Box 7202 Woodinville, Washington 98072 | Contract
Position Tilte: Associate Software Test Engineer
Position Description: Our Woodinville client has an immediate opening for an Associate Software Test Engineer.
Job Description: You will work with Software Quality Assurance Team in the Product Development team and cross-functional team members to identify product issues, write bugs and then validate bug fixes prior to implementation. The right individual for this job will be a motivated SQA test technician with a wide breadth of experience shipping high quality software. The Associate Software Test Engineer must have the end user in mind in all activities and be an advocate for quality in the user experiences with the product.
Job Requirements: The incumbent tests and validates upgrades to product software as well an new product software. Manual tests of the displays and workout equipment will be a primary responsibility.
- Manually test new software on all types of exercise equipment – TVs, Ellipticals, Treads, AMTs, and Bikes
- Manually test software by manipulation of hardware to create error conditions
- Work effectively with cross-functional team members from appropriate areas of the organization to identify and resolve field issues.
- Define, write and execute test cases
- Document bugs and test bug fixes
Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Organize and clean testing lab
- Purchase testing lab supplies
- Assisting other QA team members with their projects
- Associates or Bachelor Degree preferred but not required
Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years hands-on software test experience
- Experience testing and delivering high quality software
- Expert knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools
- Proven ability to create, execute, and maintain comprehensive test cases
- Enthusiasm to dig into technical specifications and to troubleshoot problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Enthusiasm for personal fitness and experience using typical fitness center cardio equipment
- Microsoft Office – Proficient in Word and Excel
- Waterfall methodology experience