Wireless Protocol Firmware Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Wireless Protocol Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA
- Design, code, maintain, test and document the link-layer protocol for the Satellite Communications Network.
- Collaborate with the MAC protocol design team for protocol development.
- Work with the PHY and Network teams to seamlessly integrate the link-layer within the Network stack
- Integrate the link-layer with simulation infrastructure.
- Participate in architecture, design and code reviews and provide peer feedback.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in CS, CE, EE or related field
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on embedded C/C++ software development for communications protocols.
- 2+ years of work experience in any of the L2, L3 protocol stack layers in broadband access technologies such as: WiFi, UMTS, LTE or satellite broadband.
- 2+ years of experience with embedded Linux software development.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’ s Degree in CS, CE, EE or related field
- Experience in Multithread/Multicore programming.
- Experience with systems integration and testing methodologies.
- Experience with current software development processes and tools including Agile, TDD, BDD, CI, Git.
- Experience in Hardware/software integration like DMA, MMIO, etc.
- Experience with JTAG, SWD debugging.
- Experience in modeling and validating MAC protocols using simulation tools like NS3, OPNET or other.
- Skilled in troubleshooting and tuning of component hardware, software, networking and communications protocol problems.
- Understanding of network layer components such as IPv4, IPv6, Mobile IP, routing, forwarding, etc.
- Proficiency with network monitoring protocols and tools such as SNMP, RMON, Wireshark, Ethereal.
- Industry technical certifications a plus.
- Scripting ability with Python or similar.
- Experience with modern encryption and decryption methods and their implementation.
- Experience in development of very high performance SW with minimum delay and limited response time.
- Able to consistently contribute effort, leadership, and creative thinking to solving complex and significant problems in a collaborative fashion.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work concurrently on multiple complex and sometimes ambiguous problems.
- Able to communicate complex concepts, problems and solutions clearly and effectively to all levels within the organization.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.