Windows System Admin
San Francisco, California | Contract
Position Title: Windows systems administrator
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Francisco California for a Windows System Administrator
- Candidate will have at least 5+ years’ experience in deep administration of Windows and Virtualization technology.
- Candidate will assist in resolving support, incident, and work orders.
- Specifically those impacting or involving the use of Windows and VMWare will be the focus of the role.
- Candidate will document, maintain, and improve process/procedure around the Systems Administration and Operations.
- Candidate must exhibit task and time management skills, oral and written communication skills, technical expertise, and dedication to resolve problems effectively and efficiently minimizing disruptions.
- To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform all of the primary roles above as well as most of the requirements below at an advanced level.
- The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong Active Directory management experience including related services (Group Policy, DHCP, DHCP Failover, DNS and WINS).
- Strong Network level troubleshooting skills (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, AD / LDAP).
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting Group Policy objects.
- Extensive experience with PowerShell and scripting to automate systems and processes.
- Extensive Windows OS experience.
- Experience with modern Windows Servers & Services Infrastructure.
- Experience with Single Sign On (SSO) technologies including SAML 2.0.
- Ping Federate and ADFS experience for Single Sign On (SSO) would be a plus.
- Experience and strong understanding of Exchange and mail flow.
- Experience with Office 365 administration.
- Experience with Proofpoint Anti-SPAM mail gateway.
- Strong expertise with SCCM and SCOM implementation and management.
- Experience with VMWare vSphere & vCloud 5.x & newer
- Expert experience in VMWare Clustering
- Expert experience in VMWare Networking
- Experience with VMWare Horizons
- Knowledge of storage technologies (EMC/NetApp) highly desirable
- Knowledge of OpenStack and Hyper-converge technologies desirable
- Should be hands on and willing to build servers/ troubleshoot when required
- Ability to communicate effectively and assign work and tasks
- Participate in on call rotation
- Be available off hours as needed to step into highly technical escalations
- Communication and Teamwork
- Expert IT experience on multiple Enterprise platforms/technologies
- Ability to correlate data to resolve root cause issues.
- Utilize a variety of remote access tools and techniques
- Conduct/participate in meetings with other teams/work groups to establish/validate project timelines
- Perform testing and establish system acceptance criteria on current and next generation hardware and software
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive; requires little supervisory attention.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse groups in a team environment using logic based troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong understanding of organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the field of technical support.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.