Welding Technician - Landers and Spacecraft
1016 N Lincoln Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15233 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Welding Technician opportunity located in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Weld spacecraft propulsion systems
- Fabricate and weld various fixtures, test articles, and other similar weldments
- Conduct pressure testing, including leak checks, proof, and burst testing
- Hands-on assembly & integration of spacecraft mechanical components and subsystems
- Assists in development of manufacturing, integration, and testing plans, procedures, and processes
- Work closely with engineers to understand and improve requirements, documentation, and processes
- Hands on fabrication or prototyping to show proof of concept or modify existing hardware
- Maintain a clean work area
- High school, secondary school or equivalent with a minimum of 4 years of experience or Associates Degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Experience with one or more welding process(es) such as TIG, MIG, etc.
- Knowledge of common aerospace alloys (aluminum, stainless, titanium, etc.)
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Knowledge of common job-related hand tools, common power tools, machine shop tools and test equipment
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Able to lift and move heavy items up to 50 lbs
- Able to walk up and down stairs and ladders
- Able to operate pallet jacks, forklifts, cranes and other lift assist devices
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirements
- 5+ years of relevant welding experience (preferably aerospace)
- A&P / SpaceTec® Certification or equivalent trade school training
- Experience with integration and testing of propulsion systems for spacecraft and/or launch vehicles
- Orbital tube welding experience
- Experience with tube fabrication and assembly techniques (bending, flare, pressurized fittings, etc.)
- Understanding of personal safety, ESD, and FOD procedures
- Familiarity with inspection and quality techniques, including CMMs, borescope, penetrant inspection, radiography, etc.
- Experience viewing and creating parts in CAD (SolidWorks preferred) to aid assembly and testing
- Ability to work in both office and industrial environments
- Integration or testing experience in a 100K (ISO8) or 10K (ISO7) class cleanroom environment
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Pay Rate Range: $24 – $36/hr
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to product development companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.