Wilsonville, Oregon | Direct Hire
Position Title: Vision Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct-hire opportunity with our client in Wilsonville, OR.
- Develop detailed vision design specifications for assigned projects.
- Specify cameras, optics, and lighting for challenging vision applications.
- Collaborate in the design of custom optics and lighting solutions for challenging vision applications
- Use vision software tools to develop test, and maintain complex vision applications.
- Implement state-of-the-art knowledge in vision design, testing techniques, and vision application development tools.
- Provide design guidelines, and detailed vision design specifications to other engineers.
- Assist in project schedule development.
- Suggest new and innovative approaches to solving complex vision and inspection problems.
- Interface with customers during development, reviews, buy-off, and installation phases.
- Participate as a team member to develop processes, procedures, and standards.
- Drive personal or company vehicle to customers’ facilities for project meetings, design reviews, start-up training, and follow-up review.
- Travel domestically /internationally for installation and support – approximately 10-20%.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Excellent Vision system applications skills (Cognex, Keyence, Halcon, OpenCV, Matrox)
- Vision system development skills (Camera, Lens, Laser and Lighting selection)
- understand vison analysis (blob analysis, pattern matching, other vison tools)
- C#.NET/C++ programming skills (min 4 years of experience)
- Excellent usage of Version Control Software (GIT, VSS, Subversion, etc.).
- Ability to develop user specific GUIs.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries in a matrix organization.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes and motivate others to do the same.
- Sense of urgency to meet project schedules
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Use Microsoft software – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’ s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of current vehicle insurance.
- Requires domestic/international travel for installation and support.
- Must be eligible for or have a valid passport.
- BSEE, BSME, or BSCS with manufacturing machine vision system design experience.
- 4+ years’ experience designing Machine Vision Systems (including image analysis methodology).
- 4+ years’ experience developing software using VB.NET, C#.NET, or C++.NET.
- Cognex VisionPro and Keyence Vision Editor Skills a plus.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.