VR Engineer 1
San Francisco, California | Contract
Position Title: VR Engineer 1
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Francisco, CA.
- The primary responsibility of the position is to build from the ground up a new application focused on virtual reality, as part of a cross-device ecosystem - Windows desktop, iOS, and Android.
- The role will work closely with researchers in graphics, vision, HCI, video, audio, and machine learning, as well as artists, user experience designers, and product designers as the functional prototype comes together.
- You will have a key role in determining the shape of a new creative experience in virtual reality.
- Solid design skills and ability to write efficient, clean, and reusable code.
- Strong communication skills and teamwork experience.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly.
- A Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- You are comfortable building prototypes from scratch.
- You have shipped software in a commercial environment and can deal with last-minute bug fixes and schedule changes.
- You have experience moving research into the products.
- You are passionate about creating a polished and compelling user experience.
- Virtual and augmented reality technology-hardware, tracking, rendering, etc.
- Mobile application development, both iOS and Android Relevant open source software libraries such as OpenVR, OpenCV, Eigen, etc.
- Image, video, and audio processing, for graphics and vision Performance tuning, CPU and GPU profiling, optimization Proficient with C++ and OpenGL.
- Experience with real-time interactive 3D graphics.
- Track record of developing from concept all the way to shipping products.
- 5 or more years of industrial experience as a software engineer.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.