VMWare / Linux Operations Engineer
Pleasanton, California | Contract
Position Title: VMWare / Linux Operations Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Pleasanton, CA.
As a VMWare Operations Engineer in the Platform Engineering Organization, not only will you be responsible for keeping our systems up and running, you will also have the ability to shape the architecture to properly run our systems.
HOW YOU CONTRIBUTE TO OUR VISION:
- Building out a complex cloud production infrastructure
- Continuing to secure our infrastructure to protect us and our customers
- Providing resiliency of the VMWare platform being the backbone of Workday production environment
- VMWare Experience should be at least 3 - 5 years
- Linux admin background
- You have solid knowledge with VMWare technologies and infrastructure. You are familiar with DRS, vMotion, HA, Fault Tolerance, Affinity Rules, NSX
- You have worked with Linux environment and familiar with triaging complex performance or hardware issues.
- You have been responsible for running operations for a service that’ s used by a large user base
- You understand the importance and impact that good operations can have on the rest of a product and the positive ripple effects that it can have across an entire engineering organization
- You have pulled back the covers and know how this Internet thing works end to end. Networks, servers, protocols, operating systems, services, no sql systems, query optimization, disks: to you nothing can be a ' black box.' Whenever there was a technology you did not understand, you grabbed the book and figured it out
- Nice to have - You have good knowledge of a coding language (e.x. Python)
- You understand the complexities of networking in a cloud environment and have vision to architect and implement a highly available, scalable, and secure network within a cloud environment
- VMware Hypervisors
- CentOS Linux
- Puppet/Chef – nice to have
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.