Seattle, Washington | Contract
Position Title: UI Artist/Designer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Seattle, WA.
We are looking for an experienced and talented UI artist/designer to conceptualize, illustrate, build and deliver innovative interaction paradigms for virtual reality. This person will be required to independently sketch, design, previz, animate, script, execute, and be expected to deliver final 2D and 3D game assets. Positive and collaborative attitude is required. The individual needs to be a self-motivated problem solver with impeccable communication skills.
- Conceptualize and iterate on high-quality polished designs
- Render and animate pre-visualizations to help communicate ideas -Build clean and organized asset libraries
- Collaborate with designers and UI lead to discover interaction patterns
- Problem solve within game engine (Unity and Unreal)
- The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of immersive 3D UI design.
- 2+ years shipping games
- A Bachelor' s degree in Interactive Design, Graphic Design, a related field, or relevant experience
- Experience using 3D and 2D art creation software like Maya, Photoshop, Sketch and Illustrator
- Experience storyboarding, icon designing and typography
- Experience working with game engines like Unity and Unreal
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to assert opinions, while remaining open to feedback and alternate perspectives
- VR game development experience is a plus
- images or video showing design iteration and problem solving images or video showing experience authoring content in 3D rendering and game engine work video capture of animated UI work (either solely authored or collaborative) to show understanding of timing and motion design
- Ability to talk through his/her individual contributions to a collaborative work in the artist/designer' s portfolio
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.