Thermal Mechanical Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Thermal Mechanical Engineer opportunity.
- Assist in exploration of reactor architecture options including component selections, configurations, and sizing in support of pre-conceptual design of a first of a kind nuclear reactor system
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams to evaluate the thermal and mechanical design considerations for a molten salt reactor and its components
- Interact with component suppliers and fabricators to evaluate configuration, performance characteristics, and manufacturing and maintenance considerations
- Generate cost estimates for custom reactor components including heat exchangers, pumps, and vessels
- Prepare informal and formal reports to document findings and make recommendations
- 10+yrs experience in nuclear, mechanical, or chemical engineering fields
- Substantial experience with design, selection, and/or operation of very high temperature systems and components; experience with molten salts or metals a big plus
- Substantial experience with heat exchanger design and analysis
- Significant experience with design, analysis, and/or specification of pumps a plus
- Expertise with one or more CAD modeling tools; Solidworks preferred
- Demonstrated capability with Design for Manufacture principles a plus
- Expertise with one or more 3D thermal modeling tools such as ANSYS or comparable commercial or open-source tools a plus
- Working knowledge of ASME high temperature nuclear code a plus
- Strong communication skills desired
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Contract- 6 month contract (can be extended)
- Location: Remote acceptable
- Pay Rate Range: $70-100/h
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.