Thermal Lab Technician
Mountain View, California | Contract
Position Title: Thermal Lab Technician
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Mountain View, CA for a Thermal Lab Technician to join our client’ s design engineering team.
- Responsible for setup and execution of system test plans, focusing on the area of thermal performance/characterization. The testing includes thermal characterization via common user scenarios, thermal tuning, and thermal safety verification of products to ensure products meet and exceed defined targets necessary for excellent customer experience.
- Perform detailed testing according to engineer-developed test plan
- Complete tasks in creative and effective ways while working with minimal oversight
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Associate Degree in Technical Field or
- equivalent professional experience
- 5 - 7 years of technical experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in electronics lab setting including setup and operation of test equipment. Familiarity with
- Thermal test equipment including thermocouple data acquisition systems, Thermal IR cameras, thermal chambers, etc. is required.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10
- Strong MS office skills (particularly Excel), LabVIEW is a plus
- Methodical, detail oriented tester that implements testing conventions to ensure quality data is collected
- Strong organizational skills, both in physical space (keeping the lab clean 100% of the time) and in virtual space (data
- formatting/storage) is a must.
- Ability to use common service tools (hand tools, gauges, meters) and to perform thermal testing with active/passive devices
- Knowledge of and working experience in wire attach and soldering at the component level
- Work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and troubleshooting functions
- Hands-on skill in:
- Thermal, Mechanical and Electrical testing and Data Collection
- Hand and power tools
- Mechanical assembly and machining
- Test Instrumentation installation experience (Direct experience with DAQ, Power Supply, Power Meter hardware is a MUST)
- Passport and ability to travel to China (**We would determine how to handle getting this person their Visa).
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidate.