Austin, Texas | Contract
Position Title: Test Technician
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Austin, TX for a Test Technician.
Our client has immediate openings for talented, experienced Entry Level Test Engineering Technicians. As a Test Technician Specialist, you will enjoy the unique opportunity to help build, implement and troubleshoot automated test solutions for our client’ s cutting edge test & measurement products.
Test Technicians have a relaxed and stimulating work environment, which includes working in small feature-focused teams, fosters the type of engineering innovation that leads to our many award-winning products.
Implement and support automated test platforms, integrating both hardware and software, which are consistent with a high mix, low volume, high tech and high quality operation.
- Associate’ s Degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Industrial Control Systems, or Equivalent Technical Discipline
- New Graduate to 3 years work experience
- Technical proficiency with analog and digital electronic/electrical principles.
- Ability to read and understand schematics as well as mechanical assembly documentation
- Ability to use mechanical tools to solder, build and rework Printed Circuit Boards, Cabling and Automated Test Systems
- Competencies in using DMMs, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, Analyzers etc.
- Basic Diagnostic and Troubleshooting Skills
- Must be able to function in a highly relationship-based global environment.
- Must be hands-on and resourceful, possess a strong work ethic, and be attentive to current and future customer requirements, both internal and external.
- Must have the intellect and team skills to work among capable, results-oriented peers.
- Working knowledge of programming in at least one of the following: LabVIEW, LabWindows, TestStand, C/C++/C# or equivalent.
- Working knowledge in AutoCAD and / or Schematic Capture Programs
- PCB design and layout experience
- Familiarity with calibration and measurement methodologies
- Familiarity with multiple bus architectures (PCI/PCIe, PXI/PXIe, GPIB, Serial, USB etc) and data communication technologies
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidate.