Telecommunications/Networking Technical Writer
Menlo Park, California | Contract
Position Title: Telecommunications/Networking Technical Writer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
As one of our fantastic technical writers, you will be part of a team responsible for the quality, discoverability and accuracy of the content, for both internal and external telecommunications and/or networking technologies. You will do hands-on research and obtain necessary technical content from subject matter experts while translating it into clear, concise, structured documentation. This means sometimes you are documenting something yourself, sometimes you are editing contributed content from someone else, and other times you are fixing and reorganizing existing documentation. In addition, you may also have opportunities to do some coding and project management for various documentation requests.
Your duties include:
- Creating and maintaining internal and external documentation for technologies and tools used within the org in the telecommunications and networking space.
- Working closely with engineering, product, and support teams to ensure the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of the content you create and develop.
- Designing, writing, and editing technical and process documentation.
- Navigating through multiple platforms such as web, iOS, and Android.
- Creating and maintaining code sample fragments and sample apps.
- 3+ years’ experience in writing, technical documentation, and/or developer outreach for an end-user and/or developer audience.
- 2+ years’ experience with a programming language such as C++ and C.
- Experience writing, proofreading and editing.
- The ability to produce and organize content with a logical flow.
- Experience with authoring tools such as XML, HTML, Markdown, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience programming, using the command-line, trying out user interfaces, and working with prototype hardware in test environments.
- Experience meeting multiple, tight deadlines.
- Education: BA/BS degree in computer engineering, computer science, telecommunications, technical writing, physics, mathematics, or chemistry or equivalent experience.
- TECHNICAL WRITER
- ADOBE PHOTOSHOP
- Additional Skills:
- PROCESS DOCUMENTATION
- TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.