Technical Training Instructor
San Ramon, California | Contract
Position Title: Technical Training Instructor
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Ramon, CA.
Our client is a leading American Corporation. Their Technology Center in San Ramon is making news on a daily basis with their innovative solutions. They are looking for a Technical Training Instructor with a passion to deliver technical content and to create a rich and immersive learning experience. There is a great potential in this role.
- Be part of a team delivering technical training courses for developers that are available for a global audience.
- Deliver in-person and virtual training on software technologies
- Build and test hands-on activities to prepare developers to work with new technologies
- Pilot training programs and collect feedback
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (Engineers) to understand product functionality
- Collaborate with the instructional design team in developing and reviewing new course materials and lab environments
- Candidate will be knowledgeable of object storage systems, cloud technology, networking, UNIX/Linux, scripting and virtualization in addition to being able to lead a classroom or virtual classroom.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years technical Training delivery experience in a tech environment (required)
- Java development experience
- Aptitude for quickly learning new technologies
- Good understanding of XML
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of databases, data modeling in SQL and NoSQL
- Working knowledge of platform/cloud/PaaS products (plus)
- General understanding of SDLC
- Experience gathering and analyzing qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Strong teaming and collaboration skills
- Experience with product training curriculum is a plus
- Ability to use RESTful APIs is a plus
- Proficient in java application development
- Familiarity with Linux
- Ability to scope for training labs
- Ensure quality of content and lab use cases prior to GA of any course/content as needed
- Engage in custom content and lab scenario development for specific projects as needed
- Resilient to project and product changes
- Must enjoy a work environment that requires significant flexibility, self-direction, and creativity
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.