Technical Support Engineer
Seattle, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Technical Support Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Seattle Washington for an experienced Technical Support Engineer:
- Take ownership of new support cases via telephone, email and Web.
- Qualify a customer inquiry by collecting the relevant facts.
- Investigate issues reported by customers by doing your own research and involving others on the team as necessary.
- Work to resolve complex customer problems related to OpenStack technologies
- Manage support escalations and issue prioritization, acting internally as a customer advocate.
- Continue to provide updates to the customer on the progress of the case.
- Ensure that each support case owned by you is handled as per our Service Level Agreement (SLA) with the highest possible customer satisfaction by setting the right expectations and fulfilling your commitments.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying and correcting customer satisfaction concerns before they become problems.
- Contribute your findings to a common knowledge base and keep it up to date.
- Gain subject matter expertise in one or more domains.
- Willingness to work weekends as required.
- On a rotation basis, be available for on-call support out of office hours.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Minimum 5 years experience of supporting Linux Desktop systems in enterprise environments.
- Automated Linux provisioning and advanced configuration.
- Advanced system administration tasks (auditing, monitoring, logging, performance tuning, capacity planning, etc.).
- Advanced troubleshooting (up to core dump analysis and kernel dump analysis desirable).
- Demonstrable expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Advanced storage (RAID, LVM, SAN, file system tuning, etc.)
- Advanced networking (bonding, firewalling, bridging, switching, network file system tuning, etc.)
- Clustering, cloud computing (provisioning, monitoring, orchestration, etc.)
- Linux integration with other environments (authentication/directory services, network file systems, etc.)
- Open Source software development.
- Development level and troubleshooting experience with Bash, C and Python.
- Ability to manage multiple issues and projects while maintaining a high level of detail.
- Experience managing customer relationship: consulting, account management, or direct support.
- Strong networking and social skills, good relationship building abilities, process driven, able to manage multiple work streams, good prioritization, independent.
- Ability to learn quickly, thrive on change and handle the pressure of a customer and partner facing role, meeting delivery goals and timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Candidate must be able to rack mount a server at the top of a standard 19" data centre rack, whilst following local legislation and H&S guidelines pertaining to lifting and handling.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.