Technical Support Engineer
Mountain View, California | Direct Hire
Position Title: Technical Support Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in California for an experienced Technical Support Engineer.
- BS degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience (BS in BSEE/EET/CS preferred)
- Diagnostic ultrasound service/support experience.
- Non-degree candidates with sufficient technical experience or training may apply
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Demonstrated methodical/scientific approach to troubleshooting
- Outstanding written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for working directly with customers
- Must be able to multi-task and have excellent follow through skills
- Must be computer savvy with OS experience (Windows XP/Windows 7, MS Office Suite)
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Basic understanding of network technology (Network+ certification is preferred)
- Self-motivated; works effectively with minimal supervision
- Team-oriented individual with exceptional communication and facilitation skills
- Individual must be motivated to work independently as well as a team member. He or she must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Provide first line technical phone support to customers, dealer service network, and Sales/Applications team
- Reproduce, document and resolve customer issues
- Work with internal groups (SW and HW engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, Finance, Operations, and Marketing) to address customer questions and issues
- Understand, set, manage and exceed customer expectations
- Identify product and operational related issues and assist cross functional teams in generating solutions
- Create, and maintain documentation, process standards, and service information
- This is a customer facing position, not an internal IT support position.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.