Technical Support Analyst II
Plano, Texas | Contract
Position Title: Technical Support Analyst II
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Plano, TX for a Tier-I Support Engineer. You will be responsible for supporting our entire licensed customer base through a variety of mediums.
- MUST have excellent knowledge and/or hands on experience on networking -- as well as -- outstanding communication skills (see below).
- Communication Skills
- Understanding and applying Active Listening
- Understanding and ability to ask Open-Ended/Close-Ended/Probing Questions
- Ability to teach complex topics
- Networking / Troubleshooting Skills
- Administering and troubleshooting Windows client/server operating systems (Win 7, 8, 10, Server 2003, 2008, 2012) by utilizing DOS commands, logs and services.
- Expertise to conduct fault isolation in regards to diagnosing and remediating network connectivity issues
- Expertise to troubleshoot or describe common networking and application protocols
- Example: Ability to describe several computer related issues where the candidate had to perform extensive troubleshooting – describing all steps taken from analysis to fault isolation to resolution.
- Ability to dissect application issues at the application layer.
- Example: Can the candidate diagnose a failing application by means of examining processes and services tied to said application
- Capability to discuss scenarios where candidate diagnosed a failing application, by examining the processes and service/s which are tied to the applications functionality
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.