Technical PM 1
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Technical PM 1
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA
- Assist Build Program Manager with engineering build activities during new product development-
- Primary focus is ensuring that the correct material in the correct quantity at the correct rev is available on time to support all program builds.
- Secondary focus is managing and allocating prototypes units based on Build Allocation Plan.
- Work with design and component engineers to ensure the quality and completeness of BOMs before and during the build process, keeping pace with rapid cycles of learning in the design
- Order and track/manage all material from PO through receipt
- Work closely with suppliers when order adjustments are needed
- Coordinate ordering of off-the-shelf components with PCB Assembly partners
- Work closely with electrical engineers, industrial designers, mechanical engineers, software engineers, design verification engineers, component engineers, and program managers to meet program goals
- Support deviations to the build and the adjustments required to the BOMs to support realignment of the build schedules
- Provide immediate feedback should material arrival schedules impact build dates
- Find solutions to material availability issues so that builds occur on schedule
- Provide program status updates for materials and prototype arrival
- Minimum BS/MS degree in EE, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Program Management strengths must include the ability to direct the work of component and sub-system suppliers to meet overall program objectives
- Strong communication skills are required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms
- Must have a working knowledge of electrical components, mechanical components (such as molded plastic and metal parts), sheet metal parts, connectors, cables and adhesives as well as standard documentation associated with mechanical components (2D drawings, 3D CAD)
- Must have experience in prototype PCBA and box build, high-volume a plus
- Must work closely with others across functions in a team environment and self-directed when required
- Must have excellent time management skills and be able to prioritize and multi-task
- Must be enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
- Domestic and international travel may be required
- Attention to detail
- Capable of thriving and making good decisions in a dynamic work environment with sometimes imperfect information.
- Strong project management capabilities
- Working knowledge of PCBA and System assembly processes
- Well-versed in a variety of component technologies from electrical to mechanical
- Experience in PO release and engagement with key component Distributors and Vendors
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidate