Seattle, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Technical Artist
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Seattle, WA
- Act as liaison between Art, Design, and Engineering teams
- Support Art Team by providing technical assistance, asset creation, and optimization
- Track and manage content and systems for memory and performance across multiple engines
- Streamline workflow solutions and pipelines across multiple engines with Art Director
- 3+ years’ experience in PC or console game and/or VR development.
- 70%-30% tech-to-art ratio: Strong foundation in technical art with a solid set of general artistic skills.
- Excellent problem solver, adept communicator and coordinator between technical and creative teams
- Thoughtful yet unrelenting at optimizing 3D scenes and materials for VR performance requirements
- Excellent working knowledge of both Unity and Unreal Engine 4.
- Solid working knowledge of Source Engine and Hammer for SteamVR.
- Proficiency with 3DMax (knowledge of Maya or Modo a plus).
- Excellent PBR Material shader and lighting skills (Knowledge of Substance Designer and Painter a plus).
- Proactive, self-directed starter, detail-oriented and efficient, high self-motivation.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.