15055 SW Sequoia Pkwy, Suite 100 Portland, OR 97224
Position Title: Systems Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Portland, Oregon.
You are an expert in troubleshooting complex hardware and software issues. You approach problems no one has yet encountered, with a solution-oriented mindset and a track record of success. You have in-depth experience in operating systems such as Windows, Windows Server, VMware ESXi & Linux. You have experience writing code of a moderate complexity to automate required IT functions ideally with Python or PowerShell.
This position involves working hands-on to develop our products with a tight-knit, cross-functional engineering team in our Portland office. We’ re developing solutions to enable compute communications functions in tactical/man-portable formfactors that were previously only possible in the datacenter. Our products are used by military, emergency response and forward-looking commercial enterprises worldwide.
• Integration, test and troubleshooting of hardware, software and networking for our products
• Develop and implement procedures/scripts for configuration and testing of systems
• Produce and support hardware/software systems for Marketing, Sales, and End Customers
• Ability to write and create documents and procedures for internal and external users.
• Responsible for quality levels maintained in our products
• Performance requires physical attendance
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 5+ years network or systems engineering in a production environment experience required.
• Professional experience writing code to automate IT functions required. Python, PowerShell desired; Perl, C#, C++, or Java considered.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows and Windows Server required
• Experience with PC hardware and troubleshooting required
• Hands-On Experience with IP Networking and Networking Devices required (Switches, Routers and Firewalls)
• Experience with VMware Vsphere (ESXi) and Linux strongly desired
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Independent Professional that can perform job assignment with limited supervision
• Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds of test equipment at least 40 feet
• Accuracy and attention to detail and quality orientation a must
• Must be able to self-organize workloads and manage all deadlines
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.