Systems Engineer / Architect
Redmond, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Systems Engineer / Architect
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Systems Engineer in the development of MAX Dispatch products;
- Provides senior level expertise in communications system engineering, product technical requirements definition, and architectural design (including but not limited to software systems, radio systems, IP networks);
- Ensures architectural integrity and consistent design patterns in MAX products, provides implementation guidance to software and firmware teams.
- Provide leadership in the creation of system analyses, technical requirements and functional specifications for products and services.
- Provide leadership in the design and development of network distributed, highly reliable and available, real-time software systems.
- Act as liaison/translator for Product Management, rendering market requirements into coherent technical requirements and specifications.
- Interact with customers and fellow industry professionals to identify relevant technology trends.
- Research emerging technologies and assist with establishing parameters for product technology direction.
- Provide system-level guidance to software and firmware engineers in the design and development of products, including reference artifacts such as User Stories, System Diagrams, and Architecture Documents.
- Mentor members of the engineering group to ensure that they are continuing to advance in their design and development skills. Act as SME for products and technologies.
- Support the Engineering Management in the creation of project plans, work identification and breakdown, project cost, task and resource estimates, in a hybrid Waterfall/Agile environment.
- Perform work in compliance with Zetron' s Design Control Procedure.
- Required to perform the job functions in a safe manner.
- Advanced knowledge related to the creation of system analysis and requirements specifications. Must demonstrate experience in system architecture and system modeling.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following disciplines: software design and development; firmware/embedded systems design and development; communications system development.
- Practical hands-on knowledge of distributed real-time computing system architecture and design
- Demonstrable experience in Software Design and Development, multi-platform (Linux and Windows).
- Experience with IP Networking, incl. various protocols, switches/routers, other devices and tools.
- Communications protocol development and analysis, e.g. SIP, RTP, radio control messaging
- Knowledge of Radio Systems theory of operation – LMR, WiFi, Bluetooth, LTE, etc.
- Project Planning and Management (waterfall, agile/iterative).
- Highly Available system design and Reliability Engineering (Five Nines).
General Job Qualifications:
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-motivation, and the initiative to prioritize and plan work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment and work effectively with all levels in the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey information clearly and accurately
- Ability to perform work functions with a consistently high degree of efficiency, thoroughness, accuracy and follow-through, including the maintenance of strong process documentation.
- Ability to adapt and respond positively and effectively to change, delay, and/or shifting priorities and goals.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical /Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or in a related field.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in an advanced system design, hardware design and/or embedded product development environment as a design engineer.
- At least five (5) completed projects demonstrating firm knowledge of full product development life-cycles.
- Or any combination of education and experience that provides the same expertise.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.