San Jose, California | Contract
Position Title: Systems Administrator
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California for an experienced Systems Administrator. The candidate will be responsible for participating in a number of LSF related projects (currently new queue design/deployment) including LSF and related add-on product updates and alignments. Candidate will provide technical knowledge and support to the global LSF engineering environments, break/fix LSF issues, perform root cause analysis and provide proactive service with the goal of preventing problems, maintaining cluster throughput and assuring job/flow SLAs. Will administer metrics, server utilization, tools support, systems integration, as well as assist in the building and monitoring of the engineering environments globally.
- uid additions
- host additions
- queue modifications
- cluster architecture adjustments
- interface with local Engineering on Q/A
- storage quota increase, volume creation, implement Snapshots
- performance monitoring
- assist on OnTap upgrade
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Experience in a major engineering environment with the Platform 9.x or 10.x suite of tools (LSF, License Scheduler, RTM and Analytics) deployed in multiple geographic locations is key.
- Will be able to perform capacity monitoring, manage systems for availability and provide overall administration and management of primary LSF infrastructure services.
- Advantageous if the candidate can contribute towards storage administration in
- EMC Isilon and NetApp such as managing aggregates, qtree, user quota setup, assist in firmware and OnTap upgrades, generate reports from InsightIQ, basic performance analysis using oncommand tool, administer snapshots snapvaults monitor the filers as necessary.
- Experience in an enterprise LSF environment.
- Intermediate UNIX shell and Windows batch scripting experience.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.