Systems Administrator IV
Hillsboro, Oregon | Contract
Position Title: Systems Administrator IV
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Hillsboro, OR
Our client’ s Labs is the company' s world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel' s technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. In this role, you will configure systems and workloads to characterize the performance of workloads important to our client’ s future and to evaluate technologies to better-support them.
You will set up, tune and benchmark a variety of single-node and cluster workloads (including Big Data workloads). You will analyze results from a variety of performance tools and process the data (summarizing results and generating visualizations) to capture key workload attributes and behaviors. You will be responsible for troubleshooting hardware and software issues on both pre-production and production systems.
- 3+ years Linux Sysadmin Experience
- 2+ years testing or validation experience
- 1+ years networking experience (CCNA equivalent level)
- Strong in Linux administration, scripting and automation
- Some software development experience
- Experience with server hardware (install, upgrade, configure and troubleshoot)
- OS deployment and configuration management (e.g., kickstart, puppet, Chef, Clonezilla)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the following: perl, python, bash, docker, Hadoop, OpenStack, kafka, kvm, git, bind, iptables, tcpdump, sar, perf
- Experience with Intel tools such as EMON, VTune, PCM, ITP.
- Experience with distributed computing, software-defined storage and software-defined networking
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.