Linux Systems Administrator
Pleasanton, California | Contract
Position Title: Linux Systems Administrator
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Pleasanton, CA
In this role, your daily work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business. You’ ll be responsible for maintenance of global production and development systems.
The ideal candidate will have a solid ‘ hands-on’ background in managing Linux systems with experience in tools to automate systems deployment and management tasks.
- Work as a member of a global team managing large 24 x 7 cloud platforms.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of Linux/Unix servers
- Building tools to automate server provisioning, management and scaling
- Work closely with development teams, architects and application teams to deliver multiple projects
- Technical degree or work experience equivalent
- Practical experience (education, lab, small business), building and managing large scale Linux/Unix-based systems
- Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, HTTP.
- Proficiency in Python is a must have.
- Experience in automating large-scale deployments with modern software configuration management tools (Chef) is a must have.
- Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks accurately
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.