System Design Engineer, Fluid Systems
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting REMOTE contract System Design Engineer, Fluid Systems opportunity.
- Design of reliable and fault tolerant fluid systems from development of requirements through final design and commissioning.
- Perform technical trade studies and decisions to refine system design.
- Develop maintenance plans for system hardware.
- Develop in service inspection and in service test plans for system hardware.
- Develop system level functional and performance requirements and flow requirements down to component specifications.
- Oversight of system construction planning and eventually construction, test, and startup.
- Review work of suppliers to determine compliance with requirements and minimize system level integration issues.
- Support design reviews as system designs are established and refined.
- Coordinate system level operations and author system level operational narratives.
- Develop and review technical design documents, such as System Design Descriptions, Interface Control Documents, Engineering Design Specifications, etc.
- Generate design packages for system designs including coordinating of calculations, design reports, drawings, and specifications.
- Interface with the design team to create and manage drawing packages of system designs, including but not limited to Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), 3D models, and system interface drawings.
- Interface with various design disciplines (such as mechanical, instrumentation and controls, civil, and nuclear) to identify and develop system design and performance criteria.
- Propose and initiate testing programs for system development and qualification.
- Provide Support and oversight during test execution, evaluation of test results, and reporting of test results.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Chemical, Nuclear Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years direct experience with proven mechanical systems skills.
- Experience with piping systems and the ability to read and draw P&IDs.
- Strong understanding of design codes (ASME, BPVC, API).
- Experience with power plant operations and maintenance.
- Experience with plant commissioning.
- Familiar with safety classifications of systems, structures, and components.
- Familiar with piping design and analysis.
- Familiar with fault detection and monitoring.
- Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1, AS 9100, ISO 9001, or equivalent.
- Must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, able to communicate openly, and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
- Excellent technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Pay Rate Range: $60-80/h
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.