System Administrator II
Menlo Park, California | Contract
Position Title: System Administrator II
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
- Work on a team of highly technical and talented engineers chartered with building, scaling, deploying and maintaining the global IT infrastructure
- Drive scalable, highly available and performance service deployments for core IT functions including Active Directory, Exchange, PKI, Citrix, load balancing, storage and virtualization.
- Improve and optimize system administration and management with coding and automation.
- Support large-scale global disaster recovery exercises while working closely with other infrastructure, production and business teams at Facebook.
- Understand metrics for measuring success and performance of services to ensure service performance, scalability, stability and security for both existing and new service deployments.
- Drive priorities and schedules based on impact level and business requirements to drive to the right decisions.
- Foster and maintain cross functional relationships with both technical and non-technical organizations.
- Communicate timelines, service dependencies, resource constraints and progress with key stakeholders quickly and effectively.
- Contribute to the meeting departmental KPIs and SLAs through management of own task queue and assisting with the team queue.
- Participate in rotational on-call schedule.
- 3 - 6 years of experience in core Windows infrastructure, including Active Directory, certificate services, DNS, and authentication protocols.
- 3+ years of experience in managing email platforms (Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Postfix, Proofpoint, etc.) and email integrity technologies including SPF, DKIM, DMARC, etc.
- 3 - 6 years of experience supporting and administrating Windows Server or Linux operating systems.
- 3+ years of scripting experience in PowerShell or Python. Ruby is a plus.
- Understanding of server hardware and sizing, hypervisor technologies (preferably VMware), and cross-platform integrations (i.e. heterogeneous operating system support).
- Ability and demonstrated talent in avoiding or minimizing business impact despite existing technical challenges.
- Technical degree at the Bachelor' s level or equivalent education and experience required.
- 3+ years of managing and supporting large scale dispersed Citrix infrastructure.
- 3+ years of experience with networking principals, firewalls, and load balancers.
- 3+ years of experience supporting storage appliances such as NetApp, Isilon and Pure Storage
- 3+ years of experience managing geographically dispersed infrastructure and DR environments.
- 3+ years of experience in configuration management (Chef, Puppet, SCCM)
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.