System Administrator 3
Portland, Oregon | Contract
Position Title: System Administrator 3
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Portland, OR. This full-time contract position will provide support to the Data Center Services (JND) organization within the IT department. The System Administrator is responsible for operations, maintenance and support of BPA Citrix and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment. These responsibilities include support for connected customers, presented applications/desktops and authorized peripherals.
- Serve as a System Administrator – performing setup, installation, configuration and maintenance of servers / supporting infrastructure in an enterprise Information Technology (IT) environment.
- Configure, support, maintain and plan for upgrades / updates in a Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp environment using PVS / MCS; with NetScaler.
- Support customers directly; resolving desktop, application and related hardware challenges in a Citrix shared desktop / VDI environment.
- Support various thin client devices used as a platform to connect to centralized applications and desktops.
- Install and administer Microsoft Operating Systems including planning and implementation of patches supplied by vendors for security and bug fixes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware problems as they occur taking a proactive approach to resolve issues before they become major problems.
- Serve as a technical advisor to users and professionals and maintains open positive communications with clients.
- Support disaster recovery and ensure continuous availability of virtual desktops and applications critical to the organization.
- Troubleshooting hardware and system level problems.
- Build XenServer guests configure for appropriate use case.
- Participate in a regular rotation providing “ on call” support for Citrix and VDI services.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer/Information Technology or a related technical discipline is preferred. (Associate’ s degree in a directly-related technical discipline can be substituted for 2 years required experience; Bachelor’ s degree in a directly-related technical discipline can substitute for 4 years related experience – see below).
- This is a level 3 position: 10+ years of Computer Technology experience or equivalent experience in a directly-related field is required (8+ years with Associate’ s degree, as specified above; 6+ years with Bachelor’ s degree, as specified above).
- Direct experience designing, implementing and supporting XenDesktop delivery models such as MCS or XenDesktop/XenApp delivery through PVS is required.
- Direct experience implementing and supporting Citrix Farms in a XenApp 6.5/7.x environment, including worker/delivery group design, machine catalog design, farm settings management and zoning is required.
- Expertise in supporting user profiles in a Citrix Universal Profile Management (CPM/UPM) 5.x environment with ability to install, support and perform advanced troubleshooting of software applications in a multiuser setting is required.
- Expertise in configuration, support and management of Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2 including deep knowledge with regard to registry enumeration, security groups, NTFS permissions, group policy modelling, application interaction, advanced performance tuning and disk storage subsystems is required.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP is required.
- Working knowledge and current experience installing, configuring and supporting server virtualization technologies such as ESX, Hyper-V, Xen, KVM, Virtual Box, etc… is required.
- Experience with NetScaler or F5 BigIP, specifically with the interactions between Citrix StoreFront/Web Interface and the NetScaler product is desired.
- Citrix Certified Associate, Microsoft Certified Professional, Microsoft Technology Associate, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or similar certifications are desired.
- Experience with PowerShell, batch/cmd files or other scripting / automation methods is desired.
- Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to meet timelines, milestones, project expectations and provide timely (weekly) status updates.
- Communicate technical information verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical users.
- Provide a sustainable IT infrastructure by supplying cross training and functional documentation.
- Understand and follow established processes and procedures including Change Management, Work Tracking, Property Tracking and Time Management.
- Ensure proper identification of self as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.